4 Ways to Set Your Own Car Brake - $(Call Seller)
|Cars for Sale : - $(Call Seller)|
|Price : $(Call Seller)|
|Last Update||February, 2019|
Detail For 4 Ways to Set Your Own Car Brake
Hand brake is one type of brake on the car that has a function that keeps your vehicle does not slip when will be parked. Not only that, this hand brake also works when you will stop your car in a long time from 5 minutes to several hours. This hand brake is usually in the middle between the front bench. This component is usually operated by withdrawing in order to activate this hand brake.
2. Unpacking the Rear Drum Brakes
- The first time parking your vehicle in a flat position, this is to maintain security. If necessary add a wheel holder and then pull the hand brake.
- Loosen the nuts that are on the rear wheels, just enough before you lift the car.
- The car’s wheels will not touch the ground but there is no need for too much distance between the wheels and the ground.
- Then open the wheel nuts before they have been relaxed.
- Then open the rear wheel.
3. How to Open Drake Brake
- Once the wheel is open, then you can go into the cabin and free or lower the hand brake.
- After the hand brake is lowered, then turn the brake drum. If the drum brake can be shaken and pulled easily then you can skip this step.
- Then spray anti-rust on the gap in the wheel nut and wheel connection. This is because rust will be easily visible on the part.
- Wait a few minutes until the rust liquid seeps between the tromol and the wheel gap.
- Then insert a 12 mm bolt into a threaded hole of the same size. After that rotate the screw clockwise using the “12 keys”, or you can also use the “12 key combination” or key until the drum bake shock can be drawn out.
- Remove the brake drum and then re-open the 12 mm bolt earlier to be able to remove the drum brake.
4. Set the Car Hand Brake
- After you make adjustments to the brake shoe, then do not forget to check the thickness of the brake pads. If the condition is less than 1-2 mm, it would be better if replacing the brake lining.
- Use a minus screwdriver to rotate up on the adjusting teeth.
- It will usually be heard “click” while it is playing. Approximately 5-10 times the sound of “click”. At the time this condition is set then brake shoes can expand.
- Put the drum brake and make sure if the drum brake can be easily entered. If not, then the brake is too outgoing or too much tuning. So reduce some of the rotation on the adjusting teeth by rotating from the opposite direction.
- Then reinsert the brake drum and make sure it can spin easily. If not then it will cause the sound of “dug dug” that disturb when the car backed out.
- Then reinstall the wheel in its correct position and tighten the nut on the wheel.
- Then go into the car cabin and then check how many times the “click” sound when you pull the handbrake lever. Usually there will be about 6-7 clicks after the brake settings.
Well that was the explanation on how to set the hand brake the right car and you can do yourself at home. Because the function is quite important, do not forget also to take care of the car’s hand brake for good condition. Hopefully the above information can be useful for you.